- Naloxone is a safe medication that can reverse the effects of an overdose from an opioid.
- Naloxone does not replace medical care.
- Get a Naloxone overdose antidote kit and training for using it.
- Kits are available from community health clinics, harm reduction programs and pharmacies.
- Make sure friends and family know how to administer Naloxone.
Naloxone: Everything You Need to Know
This BC site offers an on-line training program, that will teach you how to tell when somebody is overdosing, and how to respond with your Take Home Naloxone kit.
Take Home Naloxone Programs
Take Home Naloxone Programs, offering free Naloxone distribution, are available in BC, Alberta and Ontario. Follow the links below to find further information. Naloxone distribution in other provinces varies greatly and is generally more restricted.