Medicine Hat News, February 14, 2019
Colleen Westgarth [MSTH member from Medicine Hat] shared a personal story of the loss of her 33 year-old son to an overdose. When he had difficulty breathing in his basement apartment he called 911. When EMS reached him it was too late.
“He died alone,” said Westgarth. “Why don’t we give this a chance? These are not bad people.”
Addiction has no social boundaries, she said.
“There will be other (sites) here in Medicine Hat I guarantee it,” said Westgarth. “I am pleading with you to have an open mind.