Carol Ann Hillman, Calgary, AB
My son Tyler died on July 26, 2016. If Tyler had a drug addiction, I was not aware of it. Although I have now heard some stories from friends that lead me to believe this may have been the case. I guess I will never truly know. After almost a full day at work of not being able to get a hold of my son, my daughter came home from a sleep over. I asked her to go downstairs and check in her brother. She knew something was not right with the way he looked, but she didn't know that he had already left us. She called 911 and had to do CPR and deal with first responders. This was very tragic for her, as she is only 16 years old, and because of the condition of Tyler’s body, who was gone for many hours by that time. When I got home I was not allowed to see him till the medical examiner was finished doing her job. Based on what she observed she believes that he had overdosed on fentanyl, but I am waiting on toxicology to confirm the reason for me.
Son Tyler Hillman died from an accidental overdose on July, 26, 2016, age 19.