Drug user safety rules
- Don’t use drugs alone.
- Agree with your friends that you will all not use the same drug(s) at the same time.
- Have a safe observer so there is someone to help if necessary.
- Chose a safer consumption route.
- Don't mix drugs with alcohol or different drugs.
- Get the drugs from a reliable source.
- Know about ‘bad’ drugs within your community.
- Get a Naloxone overdose antidote kit and training for using it.
- Make sure friends and family know how to administer Naloxone.
- Learn to recognize the signs of an overdose and teach others.