Victoria teen’s accidental overdose started with prescription drugs, parents say

Times Colonist, April 21, 2018

The parents of a Victoria teen who died Friday from an accidental overdose say they felt trapped by a medical system that didn't give them a say in their son's painkiller prescriptions. Sixteen-year-old Elliot Eurchuk, whom his parents described as a kind and funny athlete, died at his home after taking street drugs they believe he was using to help him sleep.

Victoria teen’s accidental overdose started with prescription drugs, parents say