Mom speaks out after son dies from overdose on Calgary CTrain

Metro Calgary, January 28, 2018

Chase McInnes was one of 43 people who overdosed on either a CTrain or LRT platform last year

MSTH mother Chylo Michael wants all Calgary Transit operators to be able to administer CPR in case of an overdose, and encouraged passengers to lookout for the people on their commute.

“I spent Chase's 21st birthday at the funeral home making arrangements,” Michael said. “If I can spare even one mother the pain, it will help mine.”

Mom speaks out after son dies from overdose on Calgary CTrain