Winnipeg Sun, November 28, 2017
Adam tried a methadone program, he attempted to detox at the Main Street Project, he saw family physicians, he ended up in emergency four times in the throes of withdrawal, and he met with a counsellor at the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM). None of the treatment options or resources gave Adam the support he needed. He died alone in the basement of his parents’ Riverview home from an accidental fentanyl poisoning on February 6, 2016, at age 27. His brother found him and had to break the news to his parents, Christine Dobbs and Lang Watson, who were on vacation.