TREVOR JANG | October 12, 2017
Mac watched from across the street in Kelowna, B.C. as an ambulance took his father away. The now 13-year-old knew his dad was dead, he recalls of that day in January 2016, because the ambulance didn’t turn the emergency lights back on. “It’s hard to think about it because I never really got a chance to say goodbye to him,” he says.
Mac’s father, Tyler, overdosed on pure fentanyl. His family believes he thought it was heroin. Mac says he wants to speak out and share his story “because it’s a really big problem in the world and a lot of other people are suffering because of it, because of drugs.”