Liz Tabor, Armstong, BC
I am in the back yard, re-staining the out door table. iPod in my ears and lost in the heat. I am not one to keep my phone on my being but I checked it often while working in the yard. There was lots of missed calls and one message... "MOM, ANSWER YOUR PHONE, WHY DO YOU HAVE A PHONE. TYLER IS DEAD."
I called my daughter right away, and with in half an hour I was packed and on the road for a 7 hour drive. On the drive, I could often not see the road through tears and prayers. Disbelief and a broken heart...it was the longest drive in the world.
And so began a life of no grandson and a broken family.
Grandson Tyler died of an overdose