Christine Dobbs, Winnipeg, MB
Christine Dobbs and Lang Watson lost their beautiful boy Adam Gabriel Watson on February 6, 2016, at the age of 27. Adam died from a fentanyl overdose. Our son had a big smile and a loving nature. Characterised by his patient attitude and keen eye for organisation, Adam was always willing to lend a hand when needed. His outgoing sense of humour and behaviour brought smiles to many faces with open arms to anyone who stood next to him. He like getting his hands dirty "fixing" whatever he could get his hands on. He loved the outdoors, enjoying fishing, boating, dirt biking and camping. He worked hard as an electrician apprentice, he was presented with an honorary journeyman certificate by his employer. Adam's death is a stark reminder of the evil and pernicious nature of opiate addiction. It is a terrible disease with devastating effects in communities across this country and we wish to honour Adams memory by shedding light and awareness not only on his own pain and struggle, but also the struggle of every person facing this disease.
Son Adam Gabriel Watson died from an accidental overdose on February 6, 2016, age of 27