Calgary Herald, June 14, 2017
Petra Schulz was on hand to endorse the announcement on behalf of MSTH and all families who's loved ones could have been saved with timely harm reduction and treatment.
Petra Schulz, who lost her 25-year-old son, Danny, to a fentanyl overdose in 2014, said she’s pleased Calgary is moving in the direction of supervised consumption services. But she added that while the service is “very much needed,” she also wants to see different solutions for drug users outside the downtown.
“We need to bring rapid access to treatment wherever people are . . . so this is great, but we can’t stop here,” she said.
“We need to move out, and not just in the suburban communities, the cities, but there are many rural Albertans that are using drugs and that need help.”
Consultations to begin on Calgary's first supervised consumption site