Arlene Howe, Kelowna, BC

Arlene’s treasured son Steve died from an accidental overdose at the age of 32, in January 2015.  He had a lethal combination of methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl in his system.  Steve was a loving and caring son.  He was a gifted athlete, and a creative carpenter.   His smile lit up the room. He was charismatic, charming and funny. 

Steve’s death has left a huge and gaping hole in the hearts and lives of his family and those he loved. Despite Arlene’s my most desperate desires, she could not save Steven.  Her fervent wish now is to honour Steve's life and memory through working with like minded people.  She hopes to aid in changing the face of addiction, reducing the harm, removing the shame and stigma, and ultimately, saving another family from the sorrow and the deep pain of grieving another lost life.  Arlene was to bring about change by sharing Stevens story and her story.

Arlene Howe

Arlene Howe

Steve

Steve

Steve

Steve